April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love Is -Scandalous Grace Band
A new song by Scandalous Grace.  All comments are welcome on this song.  

Love Is

Performed by Scandalous Grace:

Michael Hanson- Lead Vocals, Bass, Electric Rhythm, Guitar Solos, Drum programming.
Reece Bain- Keys, Backing Vocals
Sean Peifer- Electric Rhythm, Guitar Solos, Backing Vocals

Lyrics:
Love is what we need from one another.
Love is everything we really need.
Love is what will bring us all together.
Love is what you've given me.

Verse 1:
Put your trust in me 
I hope that you will see 
That my love for you,
Will always and forever be.

And if you follow me,
I think that you will see,
That your love will grow;
And that my love will set you free.

Chorus:

Verse 2:
Put your hand in mine,
I think that you will find,
That my word is true,
And I will pour my love on you.

And if you reach for me,
A hope of eternity.
I am what you need,
And you will truly be complete.

Chorus:

Verse 3:

And if you lose your way, 
And if you go astray, 
Know my love is here,
I will help you find your way.

Chorus Outro:
Love is….
Love is….
Repeat. 
Hi Michael,

This song has a nice sound to it. 

Don't take this as negative, but do you think everyone who hears this will assume this is about God? I can see how some may see this as just another secular song.

I have seen this technique done in some cross-over type songs and wonder if your song may be interpreted as a secular love song between two people.

In my opinion, the name of Jesus, Lord, God needs to show up somewhere at least once since God is love.

Keep or sweep

Neil
I don't take your comments as negative at all. In fact you have confirmed I accomplished exactly what I set out to do. Hope you like the song,  I really enjoyed working with the band on this one.  Cross over was the intention.
(01-27-2016, 10:15 PM)michaelhanson Wrote: I don't take your comments as negative at all. In fact you have confirmed I accomplished exactly what I set out to do. Hope you like the song,  I really enjoyed working with the band on this one.  Cross over was the intention.

That makes sense. As I read it, I thought it doesn't quite work if the protagonist is speaking to God the whole time or vice versa. However, it works just fine as a love song from one human to another. Sounds good too!
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

I guess I don't understand why you don't think the song lyrics work as a Christian song Damp?  

If you replace the word Love with I am/ God/ Jesus, the chorus and verses link together in my mind.  Its a bit of a call and response.  I was looking to tone it down a bit in this one, more parable like.....cross over capability's.  Some one first listening might think its about a relationship or human love.  As they listen to the Verses, they don't quite make sense for human love. To me, the lyrics make less sense as a secular song.  That..... I hope...., causes the listener to think.  

The verses are basically "reworded verses, directly out of the Bible".  Don't ask me which ones please....I will never find them again.   Smile

Love (I am/ Jesus) is what we need from one another.
Love (I am/ Jesus) is everything we really need.
Love (I am/ Jesus) is what will bring us all together.
Love (I am/ Jesus) is what you've given me.
I like it.

It sounds a little odd for me to hear "If  you follow me" Jesus generally  just said "Follow me"

" I think you will see" There is no doubt about that outcome. You will see.

I only offer that because this is the place for it. I would listen to it just like it is and never give it a thought.
Thanks Tommy. I appreciate you listening and commenting.

Yes, Jesus would have been more direct with those words. I wrote this in more of a conversational way. It also needed to have a cadence that kept up with the beat of the song, so shortening the lyric lines would not sound quite right to follow the rhythm.
(01-28-2016, 10:53 AM)michaelhanson Wrote: I guess I don't understand why you don't think the song lyrics work as a Christian song Damp?  

Sorry - what I meant is this: for me it doesn't function as a unified whole if reading the entire song as God speaking to human(s) -or- a human speaking to God. For me it seems more like a unified whole only from a human-to-human perspective. That is, me/you/us are the same two characters identified the same way throughout. If they are not, well... I have a very strong opinion on that. I also know that you do not share that opinion.

If you replace the word Love with I am/ God/ Jesus, the chorus and verses link together in my mind.  Its a bit of a call and response.  I was looking to tone it down a bit in this one, more parable like.....cross over capability's.  Some one first listening might think its about a relationship or human love.  As they listen to the Verses, they don't quite make sense for human love. To me, the lyrics make less sense as a secular song.  That..... I hope...., causes the listener to think.  

The verses are basically "reworded verses, directly out of the Bible".  Don't ask me which ones please....I will never find them again.   Smile

Love (I am/ Jesus) is what we need from one another.
Love (I am/ Jesus) is everything we really need.
Love (I am/ Jesus) is what will bring us all together.
Love (I am/ Jesus) is what you've given me.
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

Michael! Thank you for writing a positive and encouraging song for the world to hear. I don't typically get too wrapped up in the (mention the name of God, Jesus etc.. thing) I get what you are saying. Those lyric question marks have a way of being repaired and re-written over time. I know you will work the song out to be the very best. Good job.
I really like the feel and direction of the harmony. (music/instrumental) When I heard the intro lick, I was expecting the band to come in half time.. Accenting the 1st & 3rd count in the 4/4 time sig. but, surprise lol. But that's cool. We all have our right and wrong opinions. ha

Overall I like your song. Re-writing good songs make great songs and re-writing great songs make classics!

Terrance
Thank you all for your great comments and taking the time to listen! We all 3 appreciate it very much!