April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
burning my sacred songs
Music 
For the past 24 years, I have written over 1500 sacred gospel songs. As the muse comes, any piece of paper I can find around I write the lyric and I can remember the melody of all the songs. My dream is to get somone or a company to produce the songs and make the songs available to the world, but I couldn't get a producer. I  have now decided to make a bonefire of the songs because I'm getting old. Sometime I hear the songs in my dream and I will quickly rise up to remember the lyric and melody and I will write down the songs.I have decided to make a bonefire of the songs because since I dont have the money to pay for all the producer at least I will be free from the pains of having to carry these of papers with the songs which I sing alone and cry about everyday.
You certainly have been busy these many years writing songs. Since your songs are Christian worship songs, please read my article on Christian Songwriters Network General Discussion section on How To Write Successful Worship tunes. Compare your songs against what the article says and if the vast majority of your songs have only four notes in the vocals, that is then the most likely reason why producers have not paid attention to your music. Blessings.
Tracy Malloy
(04-12-2017, 11:02 AM)Oyebowale Wrote: For the past 24 years, I have written over 1500 sacred gospel songs. As the muse comes, any piece of paper I can find around I write the lyric and I can remember the melody of all the songs. My dream is to get somone or a company to produce the songs and make the songs available to the world, but I couldn't get a producer. I  have now decided to make a bonefire of the songs because I'm getting old. Sometime I hear the songs in my dream and I will quickly rise up to remember the lyric and melody and I will write down the songs.I have decided to make a bonefire of the songs because since I dont have the money to pay for all the producer at least I will be free from the pains of having to carry these of papers with the songs which I sing alone and cry about everyday.

instead of destroying them, why not just give them away?  if they are "sacred gospel songs" and they are tormenting you because you sing them alone, then I would think the obvious answer would be to make them freely available to anyone.  make them public domain and free yourself of them by releasing them to the world without retaining control through a publisher.
Post them here & put some of us to work! Smile You can get a lot done here for free!
(04-13-2017, 02:12 PM)ShannonB Wrote: Post them here & put some of us to work! Smile You can get a lot done here for free!

Shannon this is a good idea! As always Rolleyes !
"A healthy Spiritual walk with God leads you down a Natural Path of worship."
Dear Oyebowale
I understand exactly how you feel
and I am sure many have felt the same way.
It is totally frustrating to have all these songs and not share them

since you want to burn them I would imagine you have the lyrics written down
since you remember the melodies and sing them, why not make some recordings?
you just need your voice and a recorder
every phone records these days
make recordings, post them and share them
Then you have done what you were called to do.

I have oodles of songs too
No producer, no band
just me and GOD

I learned how to record right here
I learned how to craft my songs by sharing and learning and re writing and rewriting

this is the place to learn and grow and get going
so get going
God Bless!
ang Smile
A lot of famous authors thought the same way about their work.   You might share them with some pastors, and maybe
archive them somehow somewhere in a big church.
__
--
Robert Pearson
Telical Books http://www.telicalbooks.com

HomePage http://www.rspearson.com
(04-12-2017, 11:02 AM)Oyebowale Wrote: For the past 24 years, I have written over 1500 sacred gospel songs. As the muse comes, any piece of paper I can find around I write the lyric and I can remember the melody of all the songs. My dream is to get somone or a company to produce the songs and make the songs available to the world, but I couldn't get a producer. I  have now decided to make a bonefire of the songs because I'm getting old. Sometime I hear the songs in my dream and I will quickly rise up to remember the lyric and melody and I will write down the songs.I have decided to make a bonefire of the songs because since I dont have the money to pay for all the producer at least I will be free from the pains of having to carry these of papers with the songs which I sing alone and cry about everyday.

Don't listen to the devil who wants you to burn your songs. The devil doesn't want your songs to be heard, but God wants to us to hear them. I've been producing for a while. Maybe you can send me one of your songs and I can find a vocalist and see what the Holy Spirit does with it.?