Whetstone

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruisin'
I'm posting this song as a bit of a promo...I do not work for Band in a Box (PG Music) but their software has changed my perspective on the craft of songwriting...as many of us are, I am not a great musician...I do fancy myself a 'fair' songwriter...I've written for 40 years, hundreds and hundreds of songs...most will never be heard and that's OK... songwriting is worship for me and the Lord knows that...but we want our songs and thoughts to be heard so the Lord can be glorified right?

This song was produced with Band in a Box...it's not great but it conveys exactly what I want to convey through it's use of genre, style and tempo...and almost anyone can do it...if you are not a musician but you have a rudimentary knowledge of chords...all you do is pick the style and type the chord in the measure...as with all software there is a learning curve...but even an old dog like me figured it out very quickly...2100 hrs of sound info...it does require 100 gb of free space ( a dedicated computer is a good idea).

If you are a musician, this is A BAND in a box...I let it do the rhythm tracks and then I add what I can do to it...is it studio quality?...NO...but how many top notch professional nit-picking musicians, singers and engineers listen to or will  ever listen to your songs? Be Honest... I'll be honest...none, who cares?  If we're writing songs for producers...well... but if we're writing for the Lord, His church and a lost world...God can bless that...anyway BiaB is a great tool, easy to use and will cost you less than a couple of studio tracks...end of promo!!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13544287

Produced the track with my Yamaha Tyros 5 and BiaB
I used:BARGPFX.STY Baritone Guitar pop w/FX
684 Bass...686 Organ...Real Drums Nashville even 8 @ 120bpm...405 Acoustic guitar...2499 Baritone electric...
509 Electric Rhythm Dire...1058 Alto Sax Smooth Jazz Poppy

Cruisin'
words and music Dan Simmons

Ooo...Whop...Bop (X4)

Cruisin'...cruisin' my life away
Misusin' most of my time
Losin'...I was playing a losing game
Wasting away my life
Cruisin' on down the line

Searchin'....searchin' down every road
Hopin'...hopin' to find
Someone...someone to share the load
To give me some peace of mind

I didn't know where I was going
I couldn't see cause I was blind
Jesus came into my heart
He gave me a brand new start
He brought direction to my life

Movin'... now I'm movin' down a new highway
I'm groovin' feeling alive
It's so soothin' cause I know He knows the Way
I'm still cruisin' but I'm letting Him drive
Cruisin' with Jesus this time

Ooo...Whop...Bop (X4)

Jesus came into my heart
Gave me a brand new start

Now I'm movin' down a new highway
Oh, I'm groovin'...Feelin' alive
It's so soothin'...I know He knows the Way
Well I'm cruisin'...but I'm gonna let Him drive
Cruisin' with Jesus this time!

Ooo...Whop...Bop (X4)
Cruisin'...yeah I'm Cruisin' with Jesus this time!
"you are what you are because you do what you do because of what you believe"
                            www. soundclick.com/firesong
(03-15-2017, 05:27 PM)firesong Wrote: I'm posting this song as a bit of a promo...I do not work for Band in a Box (PG Music) but their software has changed my perspective on the craft of songwriting...as many of us are, I am not a great musician...I do fancy myself a 'fair' songwriter...I've written for 40 years, hundreds and hundreds of songs...most will never be heard and that's OK... songwriting is worship for me and the Lord knows that...but we want our songs and thoughts to be heard so the Lord can be glorified right?

This song was produced with Band in a Box...it's not great but it conveys exactly what I want to convey through it's use of genre, style and tempo...and almost anyone can do it...if you are not a musician but you have a rudimentary knowledge of chords...all you do is pick the style and type the chord in the measure...as with all software there is a learning curve...but even an old dog like me figured it out very quickly...2100 hrs of sound info...it does require 100 gb of free space ( a dedicated computer is a good idea).

If you are a musician, this is A BAND in a box...I let it do the rhythm tracks and then I add what I can do to it...is it studio quality?...NO...but how many top notch professional nit-picking musicians, singers and engineers listen to or will  ever listen to your songs? Be Honest... I'll be honest...none, who cares?  If we're writing songs for producers...well... but if we're writing for the Lord, His church and a lost world...God can bless that...anyway BiaB is a great tool, easy to use and will cost you less than a couple of studio tracks...end of promo!!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13544287

Produced the track with my Yamaha Tyros 5 and BiaB
I used:BARGPFX.STY Baritone Guitar pop w/FX
684 Bass...686 Organ...Real Drums Nashville even 8 @ 120bpm...405 Acoustic guitar...2499 Baritone electric...
509 Electric Rhythm Dire...1058 Alto Sax Smooth Jazz Poppy

Cruisin'
words and music Dan Simmons

Ooo...Whop...Bop (X4)

Cruisin'...cruisin' my life away
Misusin' most of my time
Losin'...I was playing a losing game
Wasting away my life

Searchin'....searchin' down every road
Hopin'...hopin' to find
Someone...someone to share the load
To give me some peace of mind

Jesus came into my heart
He gave me a brand new start

Movin'... now I'm movin' down a new highway
I'm groovin' feeling alive
It's so soothin' cause I know He knows the Way
I'm still cruisin' but I'm letting Him drive
Cruisin' with Jesus this time

Ooo...Whop...Bop (X4)

Jesus came into my heart
Gave me a brand new start

Now I'm movin' down a new highway
Oh, I'm groovin'...Feelin' alive
It's so soothin'...I know He knows the Way
Well I'm cruisin'...but I'm gonna let Him drive
Cruisin' with Jesus this time!

Ooo...Whop...Bop (X4)
Cruisin'...yeah I'm Cruisin' with Jesus this time!

I used Power Tracks Pro recording software (which is from the same company that makes the Band In A Box software) back in 2000.  It was available and cheaper than getting into Protools at the time.  I used it for several years before buying Protools and was very happy with it.  I liked how I could score the music on a music staff and then assign an instrument to that part.  When I migrated to Protools I missed many of the features Powertracks offered.  I don't how the new version of that software is, but it was great back then.  This is also not an ad for them.  I just thought I'd throw that in when I saw this post.  I've thought about band in a box for putting something together real quick, but I've been writing all the parts for my music so long now I doubt if I would be happy letting the software do it. but I do agree that for someone who wants to get that band sound fairly easy, I would use this software.
Michael
Keep refining your craft just as Jesus refines us.
(03-15-2017, 09:09 PM)Michael Ford Wrote:  Michael...This is probably not a good forum to talk software and equipment on...I just wanted to encourage those who are not blessed with having good musicians to work with and want fast, easy tracks for their songs that will capture the spirit of how they(the writers) envisioned the song...IMO this is the simplest, easiest and most cost efficient way...thanks for the comments...The package I purchased also included 'Real Band' program which looks like it may be more of a complete DAW system...though I haven't done anything with it since I use Cubase to record and master with...thanks again for the thoughts...Dan
"you are what you are because you do what you do because of what you believe"
                            www. soundclick.com/firesong