Beaglesound

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Time Here
Smile Hello, my name is David Warren.  I was directed to this forum by an email from CSA.  I joined at the first meeting ever held at the stadium in Arlington Texas.  At that time it was known as Texas Christian Songwriters Association.  I attended the meetings and annual workshops regularly for several years.  We saw a lot of growth and a lot of changes.  I looked forward to every meeting and shared several of my original songs, participating in every activity, excited by the inspiration and motivation of John Hershenberg and so many aspiring song crafters.  It was a joyous season of my life.  

One of the members challenged me to learn piano and keyboard in 2010.  He gave me some scales and chords to practice.  I started right away and owe so much to that gentleman.   I'm excited about the progress I have made.  My initial goal was to be able to present my songs and accompany myself on the keyboard.  In a limited way I can do that now, but I'm not slowing down.  I still try to practice every day.       

The last time I attended a meeting, it was held in Grapevine at a coffee house.   There were only 5 of us who showed up.  I never went back, partly because it is such a hard drive from where I live in Saginaw.  If you see this post and are still a part of that group please let me know how things are going by now.

I haven't completed any new material in the last few years.  I am working on a song now that has been in an 'almost  finished' state for several years.   I forgot to mention that I'm retired now and enjoying life more than ever before.
Welcome David Warren! so glad to have you here! first - you are very welcome here and please come back often and participate in the critique forums and fellowship with others here and we can help each other grow and learn in our craft!

Yes! I'm still part of that group which meets in Grapevine! I and Jeff McLeod run the ACSA there now, taking it over from John Hershenberg when he moved to Hawaii.

we still meet there every month on the 2nd Saturday at 4pm. there isn't always a lot of attendance - 5 isn't abnormal for us. but I drive further than you do from Southwest Ft. Worth!!! Big Grin

we have a quarterly showcase where members and groups of members share some of their new songs in a night of praise at the Coffeehouse - you should try to at least attend the next one of those we're having in April on the 8th! it's a huge blessing and last time we had probably 50+ people show up for the showcase! (not counting the performers!)

I'm curious - who was it that encouraged you to learn piano?
Welcome aboard, David!
(03-06-2017, 10:23 PM)Beagle Wrote: Welcome David Warren!  so glad to have you here!  first - you are very welcome here and please come back often and participate in the critique forums and fellowship with others here and we can help each other grow and learn in our craft!

Yes!  I'm still part of that group which meets in Grapevine!  I and Jeff McLeod run the ACSA there now, taking it over from John Hershenberg when he moved to Hawaii.

we still meet there every month on the 2nd Saturday at 4pm.  there isn't always a lot of attendance - 5 isn't abnormal for us.  but I drive further than you do from Southwest Ft. Worth!!! Big Grin

we have a quarterly showcase where members and groups of members share some of their new songs in a night of praise at the Coffeehouse - you should try to at least attend the next one of those we're having in April on the 8th!  it's a huge blessing and last time we had probably 50+ people show up for the showcase! (not counting the performers!)

(03-07-2017, 12:43 PM)DavidW Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 10:23 PM)Beagle Wrote: Welcome David Warren!  so glad to have you here!  first - you are very welcome here and please come back often and participate in the critique forums and fellowship with others here and we can help each other grow and learn in our craft!

Yes!  I'm still part of that group which meets in Grapevine!  I and Jeff McLeod run the ACSA there now, taking it over from John Hershenberg when he moved to Hawaii.

we still meet there every month on the 2nd Saturday at 4pm.  there isn't always a lot of attendance - 5 isn't abnormal for us.  but I drive further than you do from Southwest Ft. Worth!!! Big Grin

we have a quarterly showcase where members and groups of members share some of their new songs in a night of praise at the Coffeehouse - you should try to at least attend the next one of those we're having in April on the 8th!  it's a huge blessing and last time we had probably 50+ people show up for the showcase! (not counting the performers!)

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I will mark April 8th on the calendar.  Hope I will be able to make it.  

I am trying to remember the man's name.  I believe he attended our meetings only for a short while (as far as I know).  He lived in Wylie and offered to meet with small groups of members on Saturday morning to help with music, songwriting, etc.  I signed up for one Saturday and I was the only one who showed up.  So he devoted 3 hours to helping me.  After discussing my songs and my guitar playing he suggested that I learn piano.  I had some piano lessons many years ago and I had a background in playing brass instruments in band.  Music has been a passion of mine for most of my life, but I got caught up in making a living -like most people.   I'm sorry I forgot his name, but I hope something I said helps you remember him.  

I remember Jeff, and I probably remember you.  What do they call you besides Beagle? Big Grin
(03-07-2017, 11:15 AM)michaelhanson Wrote: Welcome aboard, David!

Thanks!
Welcome! I don't think its any farther from where I live up North either... but I can't say anything because I've only been there once. Shame on both of us? I will if you will?
no worries about not remembering his name, David, not a problem at all, I was just curious. I don't specifically remember anyone from Wylie, tho I might if I saw him again.

My real name is Reece Bain! Beagle is my nickname. I'll answer to either!

yes, you and Greg both should come to the showcase on April 8th!!!