Scandalous Grace Band

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Come Before the King
Music 
Here is another one I wrote the other night.  It is very different from what I usually write/sing.  It does have what you could consider an off/somber? vibe to it.
https://soundcloud.com/noah-westfall-775...e-the-king

I Come Before the King

VERSE 1
I come to worship, You come to fill
I come to rave of your name, You come to heal
I long to tell of my salvation story
You long to show me more of your glory

CHORUS
Down on my knees, I come before the King
Down on my knees, I come before the King

TAG
Hands lifted high, to the heavens I cry
Worthy is the lamb, Worthy is the lamb

TAG 2
Oh-oh
Oh-oh
Oh-oh
Oh-oh
Do You record to a click track? I like this.
Michael
Keep refining your craft just as Jesus refines us.
This is actually a really good song, Noah. Your performance on piano and vocals sounds great. As a demo, this holds up extremely well.

I saw in your introduction that you have a back ground in Film and Video. Do you use recording software to record these? It sounds as if it is a single take of piano and vocal on one track right now. If that's the case, you can't really edit anything on this song. If not the case, I would raise the vocal up a little and apply some compression to the vocal. There would be lots of editing tricks you could apply, but at a very minimum, I would bring the vocal forward a bit in this recording.
I downloaded Audacity to edit with. It will take me a while to figure it out though. I did record layers on my keyboard and then recorded vocals separately, so I do have some ability to fool around a bit. I really appreciate the feedback and tips!
Hello Noah,
This is a very nice song. Although its somber the melody is strong and memorable. This is a great start to a very good song! God bless!

Jordan
"A healthy Spiritual walk with God leads you down a Natural Path of worship."