April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band looking for original work
My name is Erik and I am the lead guitarist and one of the vocalists for Out of the Fray. We are followers of Christ who happen to be experienced musicians. What we are not is writers Smile We are looking for writers who want their music played and recorded to help lead worship. We do not have the ability to pay royalties because we don't charge anyone, but in any recordings you WILL be credited as the writer. This is 100% for his glory, we have jobs to pay the bills.

Think about Israel Houghton, Jesus Culture, 7th Ave North, etc.
Hi Erik,
that's awesome that you're willing to do original work and spread the gospel! welcome to our forum!

I have a couple of questions for you

where would you be performing these songs? at a local church you attend? in the US? or other country (important because of copyright laws differing in different countries)? do you perform them at other locations? what types of locations?

if you perform them at church, does your church have a CCLI? if so, would you be willing to report the original song you perform in church (or any other venue which would need a CCLI in order to put words on the screen) to CCLI if requested by the author(s) of the song?

performances and recordings would be two entirely different things when it comes to "giving credit" or "royalties." could you explain more about recordings? on a physical CD? streaming only? what type of "credit" would you be giving to the author and in what way?

thanks, Erik!
(01-20-2017, 05:55 PM)Beagle Wrote: Hi Erik,
that's awesome that you're willing to do original work and spread the gospel!  welcome to our forum!
Thanks!

I have a couple of questions for you

where would you be performing these songs?  at a local church you attend? in the US? or other country (important because of copyright laws differing in different countries)?  do you perform them at other locations?  what types of locations?

We are primarily focusing right now at local churches around Eastern Iowa. Praying that the Lord will open doors as he sees fit in the future.

if you perform them at church, does your church have a CCLI?  if so, would you be willing to report the original song you perform in church (or any other venue which would need a CCLI in order to put words on the screen) to CCLI if requested by the author(s) of the song?

The Church we belong to (Immanuel Baptist) does utilize the CCLI and we are very concerned with protecting Intellectual Property Rights.

performances and recordings would be two entirely different things when it comes to "giving credit" or "royalties." could you explain more about recordings?  on a physical CD? streaming only? what type of "credit" would you be giving to the author and in what way?

Currently right now we are not recording on any medium. Eventually, we would like to record (building a home studio) to MP3 with the ability to self-produce CDs. As it is planned now, any recordings, print, streaming, etc. will credit the writer(s) name, and hopefully in the future be able to pay royalties should any recordings CD, online, video, etc ever be sold. My main interest in recording is primarily with the production of the Electronic Press Kit used for bookings and radio play if that were to ever happen. Should the Lord decide to bless us with an income, then yes, the writer would most certainly receive financial compensation. Ideally, I would love to either A. be able to pay for a song outright or B. create a royalties amount depending on sales. I just don't want someone tho think that this is an attempt to steal works or that they may get rich off of it either. I was just never blessed with the ability to write and compose and am looking for someone who has.

thanks, Erik!
I really hope this helps and is not clear as mud.
yes, awesome! there may be other questions, but you've at least given me enough to start with. I'll send you an email!
Hi Eric - welcome to CSN! I sent you a PM with a link.
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

I'd like to offer a song for your consideration also.I'll PM you a link.
Sorry for slow responses, working on the upcoming Friday night "Night of Worship" and mid-terms...