Whetstone

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finish Line!
I'm very happy to say that all the paper work is here and done (though I haven't mailed everyone their copies yet), the album has been submitted and is scheduled for release on July 31st.

Got a few things we will want to do before then, but YOU GUYS DID IT!
Woo hoo! Thanks Greg! & again, congrats everyone!
Cool! And we also say a BIG THANK YOU GREG.

Question though...regarding the other post about how you want us to work with FB Page and all that. Perhaps we need to get this thread going regarding that part of this whole Distribution and promotion. I'm not all that savvy with FB and Twitter.

Marty & Linda
AWESOME NEWS!!! Can't wait!
That's fantastic news. Can't wait until the 31st! Thank you for all your hard work with this project, and well done everyone!!

God bless.

Graham
(07-10-2016, 10:34 PM)linmarmusic Wrote: Cool!  And we also say a BIG THANK YOU GREG.  

Question though...regarding the other post about how you want us to work with FB Page and all that.  Perhaps we need to get this thread going regarding that part of this whole Distribution and promotion.  I'm not all that savvy with FB and Twitter.

Marty & Linda

Hello Greg,
   Very exciting! Looking forward to the release!
    I'm in the same boat as Marty and Linda as I'm not acquainted with Face Book or Twitter. I don't want to add to your list but some tutorial or step by step instruction would be helpful as to what you want us too do do thanks.

Jordan
Greg,

Well done!   Thanks for your dedication to getting this finished.  Likely countless hours.  I pray that God will be pleased to use this album to further His work for His kingdom.

Blessings,

Neil
Hey Greg,
Any chance that paperwork will get to us before the release date? My manager is asking me a lot of questions, some of which I can answer. I'm giving him a copy of the contract & all other correspondence related to the project.
1) Who owns the publishing? This question is a bafflement for me......
2)Is the song registered with BMI, ASCAP, or SESAC? If you are doing this on an individual basis, I am planning to renew with BMI on Monday AM as well.
3) Is the song, or any of your (my) songs copywritten? I believe I will do this officially Monday AM.
4) Did anyone sign a license to use this song? I believe this would be me Smile Or would that be you? Or both of us?
5) Is it our master copy version of this song that they are using, Angie singing & playing? I believe this would be yes.

Hope to hear from you soon. My manager may be contacting you in the next few days to satisfy his questions.
Thanks, Shannon
(07-10-2016, 09:45 PM)gdball Wrote: I'm very happy to say that all the paper work is here and done (though I haven't mailed everyone their copies yet), the album has been submitted and is scheduled for release on July 31st.

Got a few things we will want to do before then, but YOU GUYS DID IT!

We're getting really close. Can you give us a clue what those few things might be?
(07-23-2016, 05:51 PM)ShannonB Wrote: Hey Greg,
Any chance that paperwork will get to us before the release date? My manager is asking me a lot of questions, some of which I can answer. I'm giving him a copy of the contract & all other correspondence related to the project.
1) Who owns the publishing? This question is a bafflement for me......
2)Is the song registered with BMI, ASCAP, or SESAC? If you are doing this on an individual basis, I am planning to renew with BMI on Monday AM as well.
3) Is the song, or any of your (my) songs copywritten? I believe I will do this officially Monday AM.
4) Did anyone sign a license to use this song? I believe this would be me Smile Or would that be you? Or both of us?
5) Is it our master copy version of this song that they are using, Angie singing & playing? I believe this would be yes.

Hope to hear from you soon. My manager may be contacting you in the next few days to satisfy his questions.
Thanks, Shannon

Hello Shannon, 

I've been slow on sending paper copies out, but it what you have already signed - there's nothing new.  As to your specific questions:

1) By default the writer owns the publishing unless some else asks for a piece of it, which 2ndfork did not.  

2) and 3)  As 2ndfork doesn't own any part of the song or publishing, we've no right to register it.  You would have to register the song with BMI, copyright office etc.  You should do that, but please don't worry unnecessarily as you own the copyright regardless and the timing is just about right for an organization like BMI or ASCAP.

4) Yes, You did that in the Whetstone Compilation Licensing Agreement. 

5) Yes, its your master copy 

Regards,
Greg