Beaglesound

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songwriter Split Sheets for Real
Greg - Sean Peifer is the sole writer and sole copyright owner of the song "Here"
Scandalous Grace owns the recording and the arrangement.

Do we need a split sheet as well?
does that change what we put on our other contract in the blanks?
(06-14-2016, 12:27 PM)gdball Wrote: Here you go Graham

Thanks.  On the split sheet it is asking for Pro Affiliation / IPI or SSN.  I am going to join PRS for Music (MCPS), but in order to join, they are asking for the following:

a photocopy of the sleeve/artwork, clearly indicating that you have a writer or publisher credit (as appropriate), and a letter from the record company (on their headed paper) confirming they have released a recording featuring your music.
http://www.prsformusic.com/joinus/writer...ation.aspx

Is the Affiliation Number essential now, or can I send you the split sheet without it, and have it added later?

Thanks for your help with this.  Graham.
Graham: If you would, send it as is and we'll add the information to our DB later. Not a problem to get you a photocopy and letter once its released.

Thanks man,
Greg
Reece, it doesn't change your contract. He does need to submit a split sheet though. The signed split sheets have two important purposes when there is just one writer: First, the writer is telling us that there is no one else to whom royalties is owed. Second, they are acknowledging/giving permission for it to be released on the album.
(06-14-2016, 01:36 AM)linmarmusic Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 12:53 PM)gdball Wrote: Its time to sign and mail those to me for real... also to tell me if I missed anyone.
Hey Greg,

It's been about a week, do please let us know  when you receive  the contracts in case we  need to fix something incorrectly filled out.
thanks Sir.

Marty & Linda   Cool Angel

Got it.  I haven't got them all reviewed but will let you know by tomorrow. And thank you both. Smile
(06-15-2016, 09:55 AM)gdball Wrote: Reece, it doesn't change your contract.   He does need to submit a split sheet though.  The signed split sheets have two important purposes when there is just one writer: First, the writer is telling us that there is no one else to whom royalties is owed.  Second, they are acknowledging/giving permission for it to be released on the album.

Ok, it looks like you are customizing these and sending them out to each person - correct?  if so, you'll need to send one to Sean.  or make it available for download and I'll let him know where to get it.
(06-15-2016, 09:57 AM)gdball Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 01:36 AM)linmarmusic Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 12:53 PM)gdball Wrote: Its time to sign and mail those to me for real... also to tell me if I missed anyone.
Hey Greg,

It's been about a week, do please let us know  when you receive  the contracts in case we  need to fix something incorrectly filled out.
thanks Sir.

Marty & Linda   Cool Angel

Got it.  I haven't got them all reviewed but will let you know by tomorrow. And thank you both. Smile
Actually "Thank You" we are really honored to be a part of this. Have a safe and fun weekend to you and family.

Linda & Marty   Angel Cool

Split Sheet and contract are on there way to you. Will take a few days as coming from UK.  Please let me know if I've missed anything or amendments are needed and I'll sort it asap. 
Thanks and God bless.
Graham
You can just change the one I sent to Graham or Shannon on this thread if you want Reece..
Ok thx