Whetstone

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from North Carolina
Hey Everybody!  I am a songwriter/singer residing in beautiful North Carolina. I am a widow. My husband of 40 years passed away from cancer in 2012. My life truly went to "hell in a handbag" afterward. I've been uprooted like Abraham; suffered like Job and cried rivers because streams just weren't wide enough... there's nothing of me left except a rock-strong foundation --uncut by human hands. I am about my Father's business and that's all that matters now. He has renewed my will to live and caused me to turn once again to this music that He put in me.   

I enjoy writing in a variety of genres--all Christian based now. I hope to reach out to the mainstream public; people who are unsaved...people who are without hope. 

I'm starting from scratch again. I feel like writing, collaborating and even singing. It's been a long time. Looking forward to getting to know you and working together --for His Kingdom. God Bless and much love!

Diane 
aka/ Godzgirl7

some of my old rough cuts
truly sorry for your loss, Diane! You've been a big part of this forum in the past and we miss you and would love to see you here more often!

I would encourage you to use your testimony of your journey with your husband's illness and passing and then your "uprooting" and suffrage to write songs of your journey and pain in order to bring glory to Christ!

God bless you sister!
Hello Diane,
welcome to CSN! Good to have you with us! THank you for sharing your heart showing that God can turns things around for us in the midst of life's greatest challenges. That our sorrows can turn to joy when we walk with God. We look forward to hearing your music & the things that God has laid upon your heart. God bless!

Jordan
(05-31-2016, 09:28 AM)Beagle Wrote: truly sorry for your loss, Diane! You've been a big part of this forum in the past and we miss you and would love to see you here more often!

I would encourage you to use your testimony of your journey with your husband's illness and passing and then your "uprooting" and suffrage to write songs of your journey and pain in order to bring glory to Christ!

God bless you sister!

Thank you, Beagle! I plan on spending a lot more time here. Yes, I am writing again and look forward to participating in the critique forum. I feel a few really good songs surfacing; one's a tribute to my husband but yeah--lots of new fodder.  Big Grin Glory! That's what it's all about.

God bless you too.
(05-31-2016, 09:44 AM)JordanC Wrote: Hello Diane,
  welcome to CSN! Good to have you with us! THank you for sharing your heart showing that God can turns things around for us in the midst of life's greatest challenges. That our sorrows can turn to joy when we walk with God. We look forward to hearing your music & the things that God has laid upon your heart. God bless!

Jordan

Hello Jordan, Very nice to meet you. You are welcome and I look forward to hearing your music too. 

If you follow the link in my intro--there are several songs from years ago--before things hit the fan...lol. The last song I did (2008 I think) is in the top 10 for some time now. But none of them are mastered.

Do you play any instruments? May I hear some of your work somewhere?
(05-31-2016, 11:04 AM)Diane Barnes Wrote:

Jordan

Hello Jordan, Very nice to meet you. You are welcome and I look forward to hearing your music too. 

If you follow the link in my intro--there are several songs from years ago--before things hit the fan...lol. The last song I did (2008 I think) is in the top 10 for some time now. But none of them are mastered.

Hi Diane,
   Yes I play several instruments. I've posted some of my music here at the site as well as on Reverbnation. You can find me under Christian Gospel, Paris Ontario, Canada, Jordan Clarke. I'm in the process of recording some more music as time allows. I have a lot of songs just not recorded them yet. I will take listen to your music later also. God bless you!
Jordan
(05-31-2016, 04:41 PM)JordanC Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 11:04 AM)Diane Barnes Wrote:

Jordan

Hi Diane,
   Yes I play several instruments. I've posted some of my music here at the site as well as on Reverbnation. You can find me under Christian Gospel, Paris Ontario, Canada, Jordan Clarke. I'm in the process of recording some more music as time allows. I have a lot of songs just not recorded them yet. I will take listen to your music later also. God bless you!
Jordan

Ok. I'm going to go find your work now. Always open for collabs.  Big Grin
Hello Diane,
Welcome here! I hope you will post a song soon, would like very much to listen to you!

Hello from France Big Grin
Be blessed   Shy
Hi Girlfriend! Long time no see!
Many blessings to you as you continue your ministry!
ang Smile