Whetstone

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worship song recording service
Hi all,

Recording your own stuff can be great fun and tremendously rewarding, but it can also be intensely frustrating when you listen back after hours of hard work and think "it still doesn't sound like what I had in mind". For people who have the time and equipment, I can't recommend simply practising your craft highly enough. Getting good at anything takes time and effort, and that includes recording and mixing. Guys who are at the top of the game aren't there because their ears are in some way totally different to the rest of humanity (though they have trained their ears over years of critical listening), nor is it because of the amazing gear they use (though it does help!). 

For anyone though who would love to get their own songs recorded and doesn't have the time, the gear or the experience to get to that place of being satisfied with the final result, can I encourage you to have a look at http://www.worshipsongrecording.com? It's a new service I've just set up with some other musicians, with a vision to resource grassroots worship songwriters from anywhere in the world with quality recordings of their songs. There are demos on the site along with details of the three different recording packages available - if you've got any questions about how it works or would like to give it a no-obligation try, drop me a line! Many thanks

God bless

Matt
www.worshipsongrecording.com
High-quality recordings for grassroots worship songwriters worldwide
Happy New Year CSN! Just wanted to let you know that we've had a great first year recording worship songwriters from around the world and would love to know if we can help you too!

We recorded this song near the end of 2016 which is written by US worship leader and pastor Jason Whitehorn. 

https://soundcloud.com/worshipsongrecording/never-alone  - any comments and thoughts on the mix and arrangement very welcome! Jason tracked the lead vocal himself but all other vocals and instruments were done by WSR. This is in an example of our PRO (top) package - for more info on the recording packages we offer have a look here or just drop me a line at matt@worshipsongrecording.com

For a more gentle, folky track have a listen to this beautiful song by Ali Giusti from Ireland - again the writer did the lead vocals but we did everything else including real solo violin. 

https://soundcloud.com/worshipsongrecord...d-and-free

This is our middle (FULL) package, showing you can still get a lovely, professional sound on a more limited budget. Again any comments, questions or thoughts very welcome. 

God bless!
Can you post your pricing here? We have lots of offers here, but specifics are best. I help people put a melody to their lyrics, but I never charge them anything for it, because I am an amateur. The work I do is very basic, & I sometimes practically beg for help with the instrumentation, never with any response. People just don't seem interested unless they are going to get something out of it Sad But then again, maybe it is just a difficult thing I am asking for Smile And my style is a bit challenging for most people, because I don't follow the rules! Smile
Hi Shannon, thanks for your question. I try and keep our prices as low as possible as we're not trying to make huge profits but rather help worship songwriters hear their songs the way they want them heard - but equally there are four of us involved in recording tracks (all with a music degree or near equivalent) and we have the expenses related to keeping a small studio running.

Full details of the various packages we offer (all of which can be customised) including prices and what's included are here and there's a bunch of audio demos here which showcase the various options - drop me a PM if you have any further questions! :Smile

God bless
Matt
So... if a person wrote her own songs & actually enjoyed singing them, but just needed a little help with instrumentation (& autotuning), you guys would be the ones to call? I only have one song that is actually Praise & Worship, & I really want my band to do that one some time this year with my current producer. I have several Christian-themed Blues songs that no one will touch with a 10 ft pole! Smile
Hi Shannon - yes, if a writer has the facility to record his/her own voice and wants to do that, then they can record their vocal to our backing track, send it back to us and we can include it in the mix. We do also record other songs in different genres that aren't exactly congregational worship songs as well so do please consider us for any of your tunes! Smile Writers don't pay anything until they're satisfied with the result - so if you don't like what we do, you just don't pay. That hasn't happened to us yet though Wink

God bless

Matt
Allow me, please, to vouch for Matt and his work. I am currently using Matt for an entire album. It is a new venture for me. In the past, I have exclusively used studios in Nashville. I have recorded and worked with some of the finest in Nashville both in my country secular days...and with CCM and worship. Matt shows a HIGH level of professionalism and has a very COMFORTABLE level of working relationship that I think ANYONE would be happy bringing their songs to life.

I cannot speak highly enough about him. I have grown to love him more and more as a friend and brother the more we have made the songs on this album take flight. Trust your work with him.

Serving with you,

Jason Whitehorn