April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studio time!
I'm thinking of making my first call to a studio today! I've been avoiding it because of insecurity,  time, & money. My husband has some time off this next week,  so I'm going to try to take advantage of it. 
If any of you are familiar with my songs, can you make suggestions which one I should start with?
(04-08-2016, 09:55 AM)ShannonB Wrote: I'm thinking of making my first call to a studio today! I've been avoiding it because of insecurity,  time, & money. My husband has some time off this next week,  so I'm going to try to take advantage of it. 
If any of you are familiar with my songs, can you make suggestions which one I should start with?

Hello Shannon,
  I'm familiar with a few of you songs but would find it hard to pick which one's that would be first on my list. I would suggest that you go with the one's that you  are most confidant with. I would also suggest that you map out the way you are going to approach each song so that you can do this in a timely fashion. Time is money in a studio so tell them what you're hoping to achieve and be prepared to just sing with all you heart and sing unto the Lord. This is so exciting Shannon!! I'll be praying for you and that you're confidence in the Lord will allow you to accomplish great and wonderful things!
   Just wanted you to know; Because of a few rough patches in my life my own self worth and confidance has been quite low. What has allowed me the liberty of being a part of some very challenging things that produced amazing results was where I placed my hope in Jesus. In our weakness He makes us strong in His strength that way we can give testimony to His Goodness. You serve a wonderful God that will be with you in all you do. So when you're in the studio session just know He's in there with you. God bless you Shannon!Rolleyes

Jordan
I really liked, Slam Go the Prison Doors.
that's great for you Shannon! make sure and keep us informed how it's going! I'd love to hear about your experiences with it!
Ok, I am beginning an artist development program on April 29. It's a 4 month commitment, one day a week, 2 hrs a day. The cost is $1000, so please pray for me as I attempt to save up. This is my Mother's Day, Anniversary, BD, & Christmas all in one! Smile
Wow! Good luck or rather May God bless you in this!
So, here's my update & why is this print so tiny?! This past Friday was my third in the artist development program. The first half of the first week, we talked about the general direction I want to go with my music. I think he wanted to make sure I really wanted artist development, & not just studio time. The second hr, we moved over to his computer & he started working on rhythm issues. This past Friday he started putting in keyboard. We skip this week, but the following week we are moving into the studio room to see what we have so far. After that, he wants to find or invent pre-choruses & choruses. The song is "I Have a Dream." Lolly, if you read this, he did ask me if I had a song I wanted to start with, I said no, & he picked this one because it was first on the CD I gave him. I know you like "Slam Go the Prison Doors", but I really need a man to sing it. I will ask the producer if he is interested in singing it. If not I will have to find a man to do it. So, looking way ahead, I think "He Writes the Songs" might be second because it already has verses, chorus, bridge, outro, using the advice that Sarah Noll gave me. I may need to change the version that I have on this website, so you all can see what I mean.
Anyway, I am super excited. Thank you for all your support. I love you guys! This will always be where I got started!
I'm so happy for you!
Wow Shannon! This is very exciting news! We can't wait to see where all of this goes. God bless you as He continues too make you a blessing!

Jordan
pics? [ducks]