Beaglesound

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saviour - You Are Lord - Whetstone submission
And the crowds go wild!

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Called to, "Teach the word of the Lord; sing it to the nations loud and clear."
and everyone joins in.....

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Christine is over here bubbling about your song again.
She sat down with her dad to play songs she is taken with, among them this one.
She said, she really likes this song, and she thinks you a brilliant lyricist and song writer.
She also can be heard occasionally chanting, "Hamster pipes!" Smile ...for real!  I'm not kidding!

Thank you for the kind words! I'm going to take another crack at recording the song. I've re-sequenced, taking out the pause mid-verse and ditching the second chorus after the bridge, but I did keep the three-peat ending. This probably removes about 40 seconds from the overall length of the song. I'm going to give the vocals my best shot, punching in until I hopefully won't need to use pitch correction at all.
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

(03-20-2016, 11:04 PM)damp hamster Wrote: Thank you for the kind words!. I'm going to take another crack at recording the song. I've re-sequenced, taking out the pause mid-verse and ditching the second chorus after the bridge, but I did keep the three-peat ending. This probably removes about 40 seconds from the overall length of the song. I'm going to give the vocals my best shot, punching in until I hopefully won't need to use pitch correction at all.

Hurray!!!

Some vocal tips from Jeannie that I have found most helpful, and which, based on what I have heard from you, I'm pretty sure would quickly address any issues you had struggled with:
Drop the jaw into a relaxed position
Relax the muscles in the neck & back of the throat
Relax the tongue 
Expand your ribs from the back side rib cage muscles (she evens suggests mentally connecting the rib cage to the jaw so you automatically drop the jaw and expand the rib cage simultaneously).

When your rib cage is expanded this way it automatically provides the support needed for better pitch though it does take some time getting used to so as to be able to control it.

Also, when the rib cage is expanded, in order to draw a breath one actually only exhales the remainder of the previous breath and the ribs automatically draw in the next breath and the right amount to fill the diaphragm (like a vacuum).

You may need to take inventory occasionally at first to make sure you are not tensing up.  Keeping the jaw, muscles in the neck and back of the throat, and tongue all relaxed is important to avoiding any vocal breaks, nasally sounds, tightness in tone.

If you were able to purchase her Vocal warm ups and Contemporary Vocalist Volume 1 book with exercises that explain the whole vocal instrument and help develop it, they are priceless. (Also available in digital download).  These are worthy investments, both the money and the time to go through the materials and put them into practice.  They should be called vocal freedom!  Pretty soon, so much of it seems automatic that you forget what struggles you even had and can focus on whomever you address in the song.  Singing is fun for me again.  It was not for a long time.  The path from one to the other was a drudgery--I hated it.  There are lots of little epiphanies and rewarding moments along the way, some that folks listening notice right away, and other that are not so noticeable to others, but you feel the difference.  Then suddenly...

Anyways, have fun with this Damp.  I really believe this is part of your purpose.
Sarah

Glad I was able to be a small part of this conspiracy! Smile
Well, our music and worship pastor didn't go for my suggestion that a female singer take the lead vocal at the Good Friday services, so this song was sung by one small bedraggled rodent instead. All five and a half minutes of it...
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

I bet it was beautiful! What a privilege!
I'm certain your worship pastor knew what he was doing! and I'm sure (as sure as I can be anyway!) that God was glorified!
The Rodent is married as I recall? Bedraggled was certainly not allowed I'm thinking in front of others... when I can I have tracks Smile