Scandalous Grace Band

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saviour - You Are Lord - Whetstone submission
Both Shannon and Sarah wondered why I didn't submit this song for the Whetstone project - I guess I should take a hint, yes? Since worship bands are not exactly lining up to record other people's songs for this project, I could get a much better vocalist to record the lead part if the song is selected. I had the chords lined up with the appropriate syllables, but when I posted they demonstrated a mind of their own - stink!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13117644

Saviour - You Are Lord (capo 4th fret for key of E)

Dm                  Am
They bound You to a post, they bared Your flesh
                    Dm                           F
And brought a whip weighted with lead
               Dm                    Am
With every lash, they left an awful wound
                        G                      F
They quit when You were nearly dead
               Dm             Am
They put a royal robe upon Your back
              C                         F
On Your head, a crown of thorns
          Dm                     Am
Quiet - ly  You bore their mockery
               G                        F
Hailed as king with savage scorn

Pre-chorus
                F                    Csus        C
You were innocent, yet You bore the pain
         Am                       G
Of the cruel cross, of my guilt and shame
                 F                    Am                      G  
With Your sacrifice, I have been redeemed o Lord

Chorus  
 F                       C                       G
Saviour - blessed Saviour, You are Lord
 F                   C                      G
Jesus - my Redeemer, You are Lord  - o Lord I…
   F                     Am                  G
Praise You, I will praise You evermore
 F                     G7                    C  
Saviour - my Redeemer, You are Lord

You were spit upon like a criminal
Beaten by the legionnaires
They burdened You with a timber beam
Heavier than You could bear

They made You climb the beaten path
Up the hill they call The Skull
There, they crucified You on the cross
There, Your bitter cup was full

Bridge  
         Am
In the garden, You said
  G                         F                Csus  C    
"Take this cup from Me if there is any way but…
Am                 G                         F
Father, not My will but Your's be done"
        F                        Csus     C
The power of Hell could not prevail
       Am                       G
The cross became Your victory
           F               C/E                         Gsus    G
When You said "It is fin - ished!" You had won

©R. Gingrich/Serious Noise Publishing 2015
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

(03-03-2016, 01:02 PM)damp hamster Wrote: Both Shannon and Sarah wondered why I didn't submit this song for the Whetstone project - I guess I should take a hint, yes? Since worship bands are not exactly lining up to record other people's songs for this project, I could get a much better vocalist to record the lead part if the song is selected. I had the chords lined up with the appropriate syllables, but when I posted they demonstrated a mind of their own - stink!

Hello Damp,
   Just wanted to say that this is a great song! I'm really glad that you put this into the Whetstone project. It's well crafted and paints a word picture that helps sobre the prideful minded and invite all too come and know Him as Lord! Thanks for posting this song, God bless!

JordanC
(03-03-2016, 01:27 PM)JordanC Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 01:02 PM)damp hamster Wrote: Both Shannon and Sarah wondered why I didn't submit this song for the Whetstone project - I guess I should take a hint, yes? Since worship bands are not exactly lining up to record other people's songs for this project, I could get a much better vocalist to record the lead part if the song is selected. I had the chords lined up with the appropriate syllables, but when I posted they demonstrated a mind of their own - stink!

Hello Damp,
   Just wanted to say that this is a great song! I'm really glad that you put this into the Whetstone project. It's well crafted and paints a word picture that helps sobre the prideful minded and invite all too come and know Him as Lord! Thanks for posting this song, God bless!

JordanC

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this vocal,  & I'm pretty picky Smile if this is your performance,  I think you have found your niche. Hope I can find my own soon, because "eclectic" isn't working out so well for me. ......
Jordan and Shannon, thank you for the kind words. Yeah, those are the hamster pipes but I really would prefer to have a female sing the lead vocal on this song. I'm gonna see what I can do about getting a female vocalist to sing it at my church on Good Friday.
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

(03-04-2016, 01:01 AM)damp hamster Wrote: Jordan and Shannon, thank you for the kind words. Yeah, those are the hamster pipes but I really would prefer to have a female sing the lead vocal on this song. I'm gonna see what I can do about getting a female vocalist to sing it at my church on Good Friday.

If you're really nice to your sound guys,  maybe they will record it for you!
Mr. Hampster sir, seconded. (or third-ed, or nineth-ed or whatever vote this is)

I'd be really disappointed if we didn't go with the Hampster pipes version of this song, though if you are willing I would like to punch you... ah, that is, punch in some places on the vocal takes. Smile If you can provide the instrumental and vocals as separate tracks, I would be willing to remotely record you live and talk you through some of what I have in mind - All you would need is a machine that will run a chrome browser, internet, and whatever mic/interface combo you use today for you voice. Would you entertain that?

This is a nice song no matter what. I hope that I don't over-think what we are trying to do here - I could just take a bunch of tracks and dump them on iTunes or a CD. But I pray for a lot more fruit for everyone than that. And if this is to be iron sharpening iron...
You would punch a hamster?!!!! Oh, the horror - dialing the SPCA as we speak! Heehee...

You're sure this song wouldn't sound better with a high-quality female vocal? That is how I hear it in my head and I have two potential candidates for the job. They are much better singers than me.

If I can figure out how it is done, I might be able to send you MIDI tracks so you can use your high-quality sound sources.

My Mac runs Chrome and I use a Line 6 UX-1 interface with an EV N/D257B mic.

If your Whetstone songlist is too long, I totally understand if you need to drop this song; it is almost five and a half minutes long.

(03-10-2016, 06:27 PM)damp hamster Wrote: You would punch a hamster?!!!! Oh, the horror - dialing the SPCA as we speak! Heehee...

You're sure this song wouldn't sound better with a high-quality female vocal? That is how I hear it in my head and I have two potential candidates for the job. They are much better singers than me.

If I can figure out how it is done, I might be able to send you MIDI tracks so you can use your high-quality sound sources.

My Mac runs Chrome and I use a Line UX-1 interface with an EV N/D257B mic.

If your Whetstone songlist is too long, I totally understand if you need to drop this song; it is almost five and a half minutes long.

Oh, I forget to mention a "bit" of length editing. Smile As far as singers, an artist always has the last word on THEIR work - as far as I'm concerned anyway. But I'm getting tired of the hamster insisting that he can't sing well enough - Seems like a number of us disagree, and I fully intend to change that opinion of yours if I can. But you have a female vocalist you would prefer to record....
If I had a vote, I would say Damp should perform this with background female vocals if he wants them. But I can also see Greg programming the wheel for "nonstop" and depriving you of food & water until the song is finished! Smile And if they drop the song, I will riot! Smile
Boooooh on the female vocalist!  

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Ham!-ster! Pipes!
Ham!-ster! Pipes!

Called to, "Teach the word of the Lord; sing it to the nations loud and clear."