April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSN Songwriting Challenge #3--Bring it Forward
Most everyone can easily relate to the Psalms and find something in them that relates to them today.  We don't often think about them being songs!  But they are songs!  
This weeks song writing challenge is to bring a Psalm forward into our generation.  Provide a Psalm's lyric with music to carry it to the ears that need to hear it today.

Perhaps some attempts of others will inspire you:

The Psalms Project
The Psalms Project is a community of musicians carrying out out a vision of setting all 150 Psalms to music and including the essential meaning of every verse, crafting songs that are stylistically faithful to each Psalm by combining modern, familiar instrumentation with unconventional structure and style – a marriage of King David’s vision with the best qualities of modern worship music.

Scripture Songs for Worship--Ester Mui
NKJV Psalms and songs set to contemporary music

Psalm 99--Sarah
Observed the Psalm looking for its internal structure (especially repetition)
Used several reliable versions and drew from them all as needed to develop a smooth musical text
Composed a tune around it
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWHNkhCKvijdq59bFq0bQw][/url]

Called to, "Teach the word of the Lord; sing it to the nations loud and clear."
What if the music is in your head and not on paper? I put Psalms 29 to music, but I can't play it or write it down. I can sing it however.
Yeah! sure!!!

Called to, "Teach the word of the Lord; sing it to the nations loud and clear."
http://christiansongwriters.org/forum/sh...hp?tid=193
Thanks Sarah!
(02-27-2016, 10:11 PM)CSN Guest Wrote: Most everyone can easily relate to the Psalms and find something in them that relates to them today.  We don't often think about them being songs!  But they are songs!  
This weeks song writing challenge is to bring a Psalm forward into our generation.  Provide a Psalm's lyric with music to carry it to the ears that need to hear it today.

Perhaps some attempts of others will inspire you:

The Psalms Project
The Psalms Project is a community of musicians carrying out out a vision of setting all 150 Psalms to music and including the essential meaning of every verse, crafting songs that are stylistically faithful to each Psalm by combining modern, familiar instrumentation with unconventional structure and style – a marriage of King David’s vision with the best qualities of modern worship music.

Scripture Songs for Worship--Ester Mui
NKJV Psalms and songs set to contemporary music

Psalm 99--Sarah
Observed the Psalm looking for its internal structure (especially repetition)
Used several reliable versions and drew from them all as needed to develop a smooth musical text
Composed a tune around it
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWHNkhCKvijdq59bFq0bQw][/url]
What about a song that you've written that was inspired by one of the Psalms? I posted one on the lyric critiques that I'm working on that is based on Psalm 46:10.