April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular Joe
Music 
Regular Joe is a song I wrote a few years ago for a show that I tour in. It's a look at Joseph in the Christmas story. His part of the story is often overlooked and so here's another perspective on Joe.  I had it recorded this past October with a group of wonderful musicians. Hope you enjoy it. 

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-raught/regular-joe-1

Jeff
(01-31-2018, 10:56 PM)Raugzone Wrote: Regular Joe is a song I wrote a few years ago for a show that I tour in. It's a look at Joseph in the Christmas story. His part of the story is often overlooked and so here's another perspective on Joe.  I had it recorded this past October with a group of wonderful musicians. Hope you enjoy it. 

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-raught/regular-joe-1

Jeff

Jeff...what a great listen...excellent musicianship and vocal...great way to convey the message of Joseph...style and lyric are a perfect match kinda like Mary and Joseph...as part of a bigger opus I'm sure it was great and great in its own right...loved it.

just a thought 
Dan
"you are what you are because you do what you do because of what you believe"
                            www. soundclick.com/firesong
I love it! I really like songs that approach the Christmas story from different perspectives. One of the many things I liked about the movie "The Nativity Story" is the fact that they fleshed out Joseph's part, and your song does the same thing in a different way. And the recording sounds great!

I'm always on the lookout for new and unusual Christmas songs to add to my collection. Is "Regular Joe" available for download?
well done Jeff. A nice balance in the recording. The prosody between the lyrics, melody and production are great. Thanks for posting. God bless!
"A healthy Spiritual walk with God leads you down a Natural Path of worship."
(02-11-2018, 03:16 PM)PraisingHim Wrote: I love it! I really like songs that approach the Christmas story from different perspectives. One of the many things I liked about the movie "The Nativity Story" is the fact that they fleshed out Joseph's part, and your song does the same thing in a different way. And the recording sounds great!

I'm always on the lookout for new and unusual Christmas songs to add to my collection. Is "Regular Joe" available for download?

My apologies for the delayed response. I was in Canada on a short tour for a couple of performances. I do have a lead sheet available for Regular Joe. The only online version I have is on SoundCloud. I am working at getting my own website a bit more user friendly, but the overhaul is little more than I can invest at the moment.

Let me know if you are interested in the lead sheet. You can contact me here or at my email address.  Are we allowed to post those in the forum?

Thanks again for the kind words,

Jeff

Attached Files
.pdf   Regular Joe - Ver 1.pdf (Size: 123.51 KB / Downloads: 1)