Beaglesound

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children of the King - rough demo
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13656655

Here is a rough demo that the worship teams at my church can use to learn the song. I recorded at 94 bpm but I think that 90 bpm might make it easier for a congregation to sing along and keep up. Some of the harmony notes aren't quite right because I fed the Voicelive harmonizer a key and scale but no chords. This song is very much in the school of a famous British artist whose name rhymes with "Shelton Hahn" though (of course) my hamster pipes sound nothing like him.

Children of the King  

V1

When we were bound in chains
Slaves to sin and fear
Shackled by our misery and pain

A mighty Saviour came
Deliverance drew near
            He bore our loss and suffered for our gain    (So...)

Chorus

If we have ears to hear,
We'll celebrate and sing
We are not chained in fear
We're children of the King
The Father we revere
Is God of ev'rything
We are not chained in fear,
We are children of the King

V2

Our God has made a way
For us to be atoned 
With royal blood, a King's ransom was paid... we are

Adopted through our faith 
In Jesus Christ alone
His righteousness is ours by faith today

Chorus

If we have ears to hear
We'll celebrate and sing
We are not chained in fear
The Father we revere
Is God of ev'rything

Bridge

Found when we were broken
Sick and suffering
Ransomed and adopted
We're children of the King (repeat bridge)

Chorus

If we have ears to hear
We'll celebrate and sing
We are not chained in fear
The Father we revere
Is God of ev'rything
We are family now, so...

Chorus

If we have ears to hear
We'll celebrate and sing
We are not chained in fear
The Father we revere
Is God of ev'rything

Tag

©R. Gingrich/Serious Noise Publishing 2017
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

Bump - slow around here - usually at this point someone has actually given it a listen but that has not yet happened...
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

Nice job, I can see why you might think it should slow a bit for the congregation's participation but because it is pretty energetic and upbeat I think that adds to the overall experience.
How did your Pastor receive it, did it touch on the stories and events he was going to focus on?
Blessings,
Skip
I like this song, it's peppy, has good lyrics and well put together, I could imagine a choir singing along in the last few choruses!!
I agree with the peppy, but I also routinely get caught being too fast. 4 BPM seems like a big jump in this tempo range (not so big on faster songs). What about 92 BPM?
Before I recorded this song I played with the speed and maybe 90 bpm is too much of a drop - certainly it took away some of the energy and sparkle at that speed. 92 bpm might just be the right compromise. In my experience, congregations tend to drag down the tempo as a song progresses so we don't want to start too slow. Finding the right speed for optimal participation may require a spot of experimentation.

I like the chorus. It is repetitive in rhythm and melody which is especially important for congregational singing. Not sure this line in vs 2 works: With royal blood, a King's ransom was paid... we are. I think you should watch your syllables to ensure the verses are easy to follow. This one sounds a bit long.

Keep at 'er.

A.
Learn How to Write Lyrics Like the Legends
Get my eBook Now and Improve Your Lyrics
(11-28-2017, 02:09 AM)ahendriks Wrote: I like the chorus. It is repetitive in rhythm and melody which is especially important for congregational singing. Not sure this line in vs 2 works: With royal blood, a King's ransom was paid... we are. I think you should watch your syllables to ensure the verses are easy to follow. This one sounds a bit long.

Keep at 'er.

A.

Originally, I had a line that was syllable for syllable with the line from V1 but it did not introduce the concept of adoption. Question: does it actually sound too rushed to your ears adding those 2 syllables to the pick-up mid-stanza or is it more a case of "the line LOOKS too long"?

It's a little cramped and the word 'ransomed' doesn't help since you have the accent on the wrong syllable. It should be on the 1st, you have it on the second. Try something like 'With royal blood, he marked our ransom paid'

Best,
A
Learn How to Write Lyrics Like the Legends
Get my eBook Now and Improve Your Lyrics
To borrow a phrase from Tim McGraw, I Like it, I love it, I want some more of it.. Great song.. the chorus sticks in your head, well done!!