Beaglesound

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Springs of Salvation
Hi Folks I said I was working on recording my songs when I came in here ... 

It's a scripture based song from Isaiah 12 , I'm trying to get it radio ready sounding if that were possible from a home studio.  

I jotted down some stuff below the link as a self critique , but wanted you to listen first.   It's a scripture song , so the lyrics are really fixed , so the arrangement , performance , mix etc are where I'm looking to get feed back on  .

This is a new mix so ... 

https://soundcloud.com/blake-braught/spr...-salvation

Thanks for listening and what did you think?

My Critique : 

I feel  as if the harmony could be better ,  I'm looking for singers with project studios to help . my range is only so high and I really need an alto to help hit the harmony parts , and I may need to re record the lead vocal tract to make it a little more consistent for the other singers and a tighter sound.   I think better vocal work could make take this song to the next level.

Then there is the option of just some one else singing it altogether.

It's also Messianic , so we use Yeshua which means Yahweh is my salvation , and is also the Hebrew name of our Lord Jesus , which may be well understood or not IDK.   The other possible wrinkle is that Yahweh is not used in some circles or even some Messianic congregations that observe the Jewish tenant that you shouldn't say " The name"  and rather use "Ha Shem" or Adonia instead.  , even though it's the name hidden behind LORD in your bibles and is in there almost 7000 times.  So that may limit my audience is my point , but I'm being faithful to the text of Isaiah and literally using a bit of Hebrew instead of substitutions , primarily to show the biblical link between  Yahweh , Salvation and Yeshua ( Jesus)  . Highlighting the fact God was manifest in the flesh to become our salvation , and that is what Isaiah was prophesying would come to pass.

I think maybe I should record the lead guitar again , and I want to add some lyrics to the outro but I'm working on that with a female vocalist. 

As far as processing the mix and EQing , mastering etc.  I've come as far as I can till now, I would gladly receive some sound engineering pointers this is new ground , and I've been tracking for a while , but mixing is and art /science that I am intrigued by  just not very experienced at.
Hi Blake,

Dunno if you really need an alto part in addition to the current harmony, but if you do add it I suggest you slot it in under the melody rather way up the scale and pick your spots judiciously to add it as additional colour. I can't help you with engineering pointers - I don't know diddly in that department.
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

(11-17-2017, 08:22 PM)damp hamster Wrote: Hi Blake,

Dunno if you really need an alto part in addition to the current harmony, but if you do add it I suggest you slot it in under the melody rather way up the scale and pick your spots judiciously to add it as additional colour. I can't help you with engineering pointers - I don't know diddly in that department.

I did have a 2nd tenor part .. accidentally deleted it and it did fill the chord in , but stylistically I'm not sure it works... too  Oakridge boys for a rock ballad. 

The alto part is the current harmony , it's just me singing it and is a little strained and thin , a nice female alto voice to redo the harmony I already have with better tone would do wonders .   I was kinda fishing for someone to help Smile

Thanks for listening ...
Hi Blake,
Do you have lyrics posted as well? I'm not asking to be annoying; I would really like to help out with this song, especially emphasizing the "Yahweh". Seeing the lyrics would help me know when they come in instead of trying to guess at it. I tried echo, but that didn't work; I think I have to sing the "Yahweh" with you.
I like this song. It sounds like tmgsings, who is also a member here. He hasn't been around in a while, but he has a voice that I could listen to all day Smile
(11-20-2017, 03:01 PM)ShannonB Wrote: Hi Blake,
Do you have lyrics posted as well? I'm not asking to be annoying; I would really like to help out with this song, especially emphasizing the "Yahweh". Seeing the lyrics would help me know when they come in instead of trying to guess at it. I tried echo, but that didn't work; I think I have to sing the "Yahweh" with you.
I like this song. It sounds like tmgsings, who is also a member here. He hasn't been around in a while, but he has a voice that I could listen to all day Smile

Ok I attached the pdf  I made with chords and lyrics. Smile

pm me with your email or just send it to blake.braught@gmail.com . 

I will send a link to my google drive with acoustic only and just the lead vocal if you are recording a voice track (s) ( I find its easier to harmonize without all the guitars and drums while recording vocals).  

And if you could be so kind as to record in 48K 24bit wav I can add it to the mix I have in Sonar Pro. 

Just wow.. Thanks!  You have a great sounding voice.

Blake

Attached Files
.pdf   Springs of Yeshua.pdf (Size: 513.36 KB / Downloads: 5)
Hey Blake,
I hope you actually heard my voice! I have some on here that I've done myself, and others that I've had done for me.
So, here's the thing....Let me send you what I can, & you let me know if you think it is worth pursuing. I have a studio that I use, but only when someone sees potential in the rough draft. I'm still working on it, hopefully today, but I don't know how much time I'll need.
(11-27-2017, 04:21 PM)ShannonB Wrote: Hey Blake,
I hope you actually heard my voice! I have some on here that I've done myself, and others that I've had done for me.
So, here's the thing....Let me send you what I can, & you let me know if you think it is worth pursuing. I have a studio that I use, but only when someone sees potential in the rough draft. I'm still working on it, hopefully today, but I don't know how much time I'll need.

Awesome... I so look forward to hearing your ideas. 

Here'  a link to Acoustic only wave file with male lead vocal.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13wMTLh...5Z_iluKgwp

Here's the full production with male only vocal... 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wK9adm...1j51jX-B7p

Thanks, 

Blake
I think the harmonies are great the way they are. I do wish you had posted the lyrics so we could follow along The guitar solo in the middle was awesome...
(11-28-2017, 07:11 PM)ronnief63 Wrote: I think the harmonies are great the way they are. I do wish you had posted the lyrics so we could follow along The guitar solo in the middle was awesome...

Thanks, Ronnie   

AS far as the harmony parts,  the notes are already there for the most part, but my voice is really stretched thin   and an alto would hit those notes with ease and much better tone.   I hope to actually get this mix , a lot better vocally . 

It, took a little time to get the lead part where it is , glad you enjoyed it.

The lyrics are attached to one of the Post in this thread in PDF  format, and also you could read along in Isaiah 12 in your bible, they are almost verbatim taken from scripture from a few translations , and  a few of the Hebrew words still in tact.  This was written more or less with a believing Jewish or Messianic community in mind.    Smile

Thanks for listening..
Well, you aren't short on talent. I guess I hear this as a quieter, celtic prayer type song, but that is just my two cents.
Nice work.