April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe (unfinished song)
Hi!
So I only have a verse and maybe either the chorus or a second verse for this song.. I don't know what to put next. Suggestions are welcome. 

I believe your promises are true/ 
I believe when things are broken/ 
you can make them new/ 
I believe that You are only good/
You are the one I run to/ 
When things in this life are not understood/ 

So even in the breaking, even in my tears/ 
I will trust you Jesus, I know you'll meet me here/ 
Even in the waiting, no matter where I am/ 
I know that you, hold me in Your hands/ 
Even in the shadows, when I can't see the road/ 
I will remember, that I will never walk alone/
Great start! I can hear that as a verse and chorus or 2 verses. maybe add a tag or a simple chorus that ties the two together. Keep going.
Hi. You need to get a pattern to conform to. If the second set of lyrics is a verse, it will have to match more closely to vs1 for the sake of the music.

Otherwise, think of writing a story: beginning, middle, end. Map out what you want to say and then say it.

Best,
A.
Learn How to Write Lyrics Like the Legends
Get my eBook Now and Improve Your Lyrics
"Even In The Breaking" sounds like a pretty cool song title to me - make of that what you will...
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

Agree with ahendriks. If the 2nd verse is tweaked so they match I can hear a short repeated line or two for a strong chorus. Nice job so far.
Tony
soundcloud.com\ctonyp

The only thought that I have is when you say that you believe when things are broken. Instead of "when", I suggest "I believe and things are broken."
From death he did rise and will come again.
Move on with him now to be ready for then.
the gruvster
Quote:99,

The only thought that I have is when you say that you believe when things are broken. Instead of "when", I suggest "I believe and things are broken."

I'd have to politely disagree with your suggestion, gruv. I think that the one line is a continuation into the next one, which is why @savedbygrace99 used "when" and not "and".
I quote: "I believe when things are broken, you can make them new."

I think savedbygrace is trying to say that whoever is singing this song believes that God can fix the things in their life that are broken. Let's put "and" in place of "when": "I believe and things are broken, you can make them new."
The word "and" there just doesn't make sense, and it kind of disrupts the flow of the lyrics. Sorry if this seems intrusive, I just thought that you misunderstood the lines, and I wanted to help give some clarification.

To @savedbygrace99: I think you have a great start, I like the overall theme and the rhythm of it so far. I think if you listened to the suggestions of people so far and added to the song, it would be even better. Good luck with your writing!
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
-Isaiah 40:31