Whetstone

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Children of the King - 333
A slight adaptation. I find that helping others with their music actually helps me with mine Smile A selfish motivation, I know, so take it or leave it; I won't be offended Smile

"Adopted through grace
The righteousness of Jesus Christ
is ours by faith today"

Keeps you from repeating "faith".
On further reflection, I realized that I could put two more syllables into the pickup to the line which currently reads:

"Now we are saved by faith" ...and not rush anything from a rhythm and meter perspective (at 94 beats/minute).

What works best from an enunciation standpoint is this:

"We are adopted through our faith
In Jesus Christ alone..."

or...

"Now we're adopted through our faith..."

The 2nd one is slightly stronger content-wise IMO, but it is a bit tidier to sing "We are..." rather than "Now we're..." - something about the contraction makes it less clean.

Here's how the addition of 2 syllables would work, counting off in 4/4 time:

______one___and___two___and___three__and__four__and_/ one__and___ two__and__three___and___four__and - /
...paid.___________________________We___are___a____dop_ted__through our___faith_______________In...

Augh... I can't get them to line up!

This fixes the issue I had with adoption not being present in a verse. Now I wonder:

Have I weakened the verse significantly with this change? Does the original line make for a much stronger verse?
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

moist one,

What bugs me is "If" we have ears to hear. Who doesn't? Maybe "since", but you probably can think of a better way of saying what you intend.

And I do like "No longer chained in fear" vs. "We are not chained in fear".
From death he did rise and will come again.
Move on with him now to be ready for then.
the gruvster
Ah.... well, it would be grand if everyone who walked through a church door actually had "ears to hear" as used by Jesus in the parable of the sower, wouldn't it? Hence the "if"...
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

moist one,

Idea  aha! you're not saying if we have ears, but if we hear.

I like BK's suggestion. Before reading it, I thought maybe "If we use our ears to hear ..."
From death he did rise and will come again.
Move on with him now to be ready for then.
the gruvster