Scandalous Grace Band

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW TO FORUM
Hello team,

Am new to the forum and am excitted about being a member, joining a pool of anointed songwriters. I am a songwriter and have done one in my life which someone then recorded. I did not get myself in order and lost it. The first recording acknowledged me, but the nsame person took it for re recording with someone else and now its not mentiioning me as the owner. I then found out that I need to have rights fro any song that I write.

I have been writting a lot since way back and have it in my files now. I am looking for a more professional start up advice. I have fears of giving my songs to people and I get nothing out of it (although money is not the most important part of this).

Where can I start?

I saw here you say the best way of starting would be to share lyrics with someone better qualified, but how does this guarantee me of not losing the song to people?

Please help
(09-15-2017, 04:24 AM)songwritting Wrote: Hello team,

Am new to the forum and am excitted about being a member, joining a pool of anointed songwriters. I am a songwriter and have done one in my life which someone then recorded. I did not get myself in order and lost it. The first recording acknowledged me, but the nsame person took it for re recording with someone else and now its not mentiioning me as the owner. I then found out that I need to have rights fro any song that I write.

I have been writting a lot since way back and have it in my files now. I am looking for a more professional start up advice. I have fears of giving my songs to people and I get nothing out of it (although money is not the most important part of this).

Where can I start?

I saw here you say the best way of starting would be to share lyrics with someone better qualified, but how does this guarantee me of not losing the song to people?

Please help
Welcome.
There's a forum on this site that focuses on business, copyright, etc. You can probably get some good advice there.
(09-15-2017, 01:21 PM)pshell Wrote: Welcome.
There's a forum on this site that focuses on business, copyright, etc. You can probably get some good advice there.

Much appreciated, let me find it
(09-15-2017, 04:24 AM)songwritting Wrote: Hello team,

Where can I start?

Please help

there is no guarantee that someone won't steal your posted lyrics or melody or any part or whole of your song.  the best way to protect yourself is by registering your copyright.  

yes, you own the copyright as soon as you create something, but by registering it, you provide proof which will stand up in court that the work belongs to you.