Whetstone

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconcile Me - Prayer song to the Holy Trinity
The genesis and inspiration sprung from the Carey Landry classic “Abba Father”, popular when I was much younger. It's meant to be able to be used for Trinity Sunday services or a Sunday service where Mark 12:30 might be used (“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.”) The chorus reinforces this and I’m praying people will find it memorable and easily recallable during their day.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13626544

Skip

“Reconcile Me”
(AKA / Abba Father, Son and Holy Spirit)

Verse
Abba Father, Author of my Salvation
Write on my soul, a faith-filled vocation
I shall be your child, & You will be my Maker

Imprint my soul with your loving decree
Passion and hope, all You desire for me
I shall not be afraid, I trust in You my Father

Chorus
Have mercy on my soul
Mold and shape my mind
Refine my heart
Reconcile me to you

Verse
Jesus, My Lord, the Craftsman of my will
Carve in me sainthood before life takes its toll
I shall become contrite, humble in my witness

Frame the path from here to Your kingdom
That I might live in the beauty of your wisdom
Unafraid, I will live fearless

Chorus
Have mercy on my soul
Mold and shape my mind
Refine my heart
Reconcile me to you

Verse
Holy Spirit, Blacksmith of purification
Draw out of my heart, love for Your Great Commission
Form me in the forge of Your perfect righteousness

Stoke the fires my heart must pass through
To quench desires that turn my eyes from you
Holy Fire, burn away my brokenness

Chorus
Have mercy on my soul
Mold and shape my mind
Refine my heart

Chorus
Have mercy on my soul
Mold and shape my mind
Refine my heart
Reconcile me to you

Tag
Refine my heart
Reconcile me to you
Reconcile me to you
Hi Skip - first, I loved this from the start! nice vocals, words are pretty good but I have a few suggestions.

I"m not fond of the FM synth sound throughout the song, it makes the song sound muddy, IMO.

the chorus starts building, but then it seems to lose it's punch at the end. I'd suggest building it more all the way to the end and then resolve. as it is it starts out building and great, but then when you get to "Refine my heart" it kind of drops down and leaves the listener (me anyway) a little lacking wanting more.

great work, tho and of course, always take my advice or leave it. I'm no expert or I wouldn't be running a forum! I'd be out touring! Big Grin
Beagle,
Thanks for taking time to listen and respond, it is much appreciated.
I see your point on the chorus and how it builds.  What I was trying to accomplish was taking each line and referring back to the three verses, in other words, the first line asking the Father to have mercy, the second line to have Jesus mold and shape me and the third to have the Holy Spirit refine my heart.  The final line was to be a summation for the Trinity to act on me and bring me to reconciliation.
I guess if someone wants to pick this up and play it, they have the opportunity to continue building up the chorus, I would have no issue there.
Thanks again,
Peace and blessings,
Skip
"The whole art of abandonment is simply that of loving"  Jean-Pierre de Caussade, from Abandonment to Divine Providence
Skip...I loved everything about this song...I couldn't suggest much if anything though I'd love to hear the last chorus modulate up a half step and a third part of harmony added for dynamics (maybe?) but that just me and I tend to clutter things up a bit...as is it's great...great work.
Just a thought
Dan
"you are what you are because you do what you do because of what you believe"
                            www. soundclick.com/firesong
Dan,
Thanks for listening and taking time to comment, it means a lot to me from a veteran of this ministry.
I took another listen with your thoughts in mind and I can see how the added harmony and changing up the last chorus could make it better.
I'll keep that option in mind if it gets to the next level.
Peace and blessings,
Skip
"The Law of the Give: Give back to God what has been given to you & God will multiply it" Bishop Robert Barron