Scandalous Grace Band

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitching Songs
Hey All, 

I hope everybody is having a great summer! I've had several people contact me who have asked me to help them pitch their songs to labels/artists/bands - unfortunately this isn't something that I can really help you out with as the contacts I have in the industry wouldn't be happy if I was swamping them with peoples music!

One of the things that I can do is to help you create a finished, professional "package" of your songs that you can then take and showcase to labels/bands/artists etc. A few of my latest clients have wanted more than just "music production" for their songs - so I've recently put together a little "package" that helps serious worship/christian songwriters get to a point where they have something in their hands that they can confidently go out and show people in the industry. This includes (but is customisable):

* Listening to your entire library of songs to pick your best songs.
* Songwriting critique (and potential co-writing)
* 3 or 5 of your songs fully produced (including a pro-vocalist)
* Artwork
* BandCamp / Itunes / Spotify Release
* Lyric Videos

The idea is to create a "product" that is professional and is easily shared in various formats - lyric videos on Facebook/Youtube etc plus easy/quick downloads from BandCamp etc.  I've found with my music/songs that if I have several different options available for listening (videos,streams,downloads) and if it is well packaged (named & artwork) then it is generally taken more seriously.
Anyway, if anybody is interested in anything like that then you can contact me here or via the AprilAudio website.

Just out of interest - what has other peoples experience been of trying to pitch songs to labels/artists/radio stations etc? What would you say are the hurdles and what lessons have you learnt? Have you had any successes?

Andy
Andy McCann

Worship Songwriter - God of this City (Chris Tomlin)
                               King of Love (Robin Mark)
                               You Said (Robin Mark)
                               We Wait For You (Me! https://www.facebook.com/andymccannmusic...153282599/)

Producer - http://www.aprilaudio.com - Bring Your Worship Song To Life. Full Band Productions. Demos.