Beaglesound

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Can Face Tomorrow
Here's my latest...interested in all opinions and thoughts...thanks...Dan
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13606550

I Can Face Tomorrow
words and music: Dan Simmons

I've seen the sunshine...I've felt the rain
I've walked the borderline...of joy and pain
My heart's been broken...a time or two
But I can face tomorrow Lord...as long as I face it with You

I'll walk through fire....stand in the flame
When storms grow higher...I'll call on your name
Through feast or famine...all we go through
I can face tomorrow Lord...as long as I face it with You

The path before me...is a clouded veil
The future's story...is one that I can't tell
Yet in it's pages...everything's new
And I can face tomorrow Lord....as long as I face it with You

I can face tomorrow Lord...as long as I can face it with You
"you are what you are because you do what you do because of what you believe"
                            www. soundclick.com/firesong
Hey Dan ! good to see your still spreading the gospel and testimony through song! this is a great testimony, I love the lyrics!

this sounds really good, I enjoyed it a lot.

I would suggest that you change up the instrumentation some for the chorus, it blended pretty well straight from the verse and I would like to have heard a more clear defiinition between verse and chorus.

I've mentioned other things on your recordings before that you already know my preferences, so I won't even go there except to say, "same comments as before!" Smile

You're an asset to the forum, Dan and I'm so glad you're here sharing your songs with us! keep 'em coming!
Dan,

Nice song with really good performances. I agree with Reece that changing up the instrumentation would help separate the verses from the chorus's more.

I am not sure what Reece has mentioned as his preferences in the past. For my taste, I would go with much less reverb on the Lead Vocal. Also, I am not sure what you are using for drums in this track, but they don't sound real for some reason. Maybe its just because they are very low in the mix. I'm not sure if I hear any Bass in this mix either. If there is a Kick and any Bass, its very hard to hear in the mix.
Hey Beagle and Michael,
Thanks for the comments...I always appreciate the other ears of CSN...you guys hear what I don't and many times just what was needed or not needed...it is very essential for writers and composers to have resources such as these...your comments are always helpful and I know well intentioned so thanks and blessings...Dan
Hi Dan,
Really enjoyed this, especially with its post retirement outlook.  I'm getting close to that myself and couldn't think of a better companion to bring along than Jesus.  I'm going to singing this line a lot, "I can face tomorrow Lord...as long as I can face it with You", the kind of line that stays with you.
Thanks for sharing,
Skip
I see you are of the school of adding layers.
Maybe the first chorus blended in because it was pretty straightforward with no harmonies.
Once you added the layers of harmonies and more musical dynamics, the chorus stood out more, so I don't think there is much to be changed there.

there a few tried and true rhyme schemes.. but we all use them from time to time because not only are they easy, but they fit.

Nicely done

Bob
Dan,

Outstanding!  Very nicely done......How fitting for your first song after "retirement"......

I will pray that God will be please to bring this song to the ears of someone who has doubts about the future.

Blessings,

Neil
Thanks to all who responded with your kind comments...I truly appreciate them...Dan
thats a great song sir..sounds like The gatlin bros thats a nice sound "from the heart, Ireally enjoyed the listen...Vincent
(08-30-2017, 11:24 AM)Vincent Wrote: thats a great song sir..sounds like The gatlin bros thats a nice sound  "from the heart, Ireally  enjoyed the listen...Vincent

Thanks so much Vincent...the Gatlins are one of my favorite groups and i am honored at the comparison...Dan