April Audio

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songwriting "no-no's"
some advice to take into consideration when writing songs!

http://songtown.com/the-biggest-mistake/
Is it a no-no to craft exquisite odes to the joy of picking one's nose?
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

(02-04-2016, 12:43 AM)damp hamster Wrote: Is it a no-no to craft exquisite odes to the joy of picking one's nose?

Oh, I think that would be mostly acceptable if you're writing songs for six year old boys! Big Grin
Yeah...um, is "cool" even still hip? I mean does it still groove with the peeps?
I'm checkin my Green 1828 Websters dictionary to make sure about that one!

Called to, "Teach the word of the Lord; sing it to the nations loud and clear."
Well Damp, apparently if you want your nose picking song to sell, avoid using slang and keep it modern and fresh. Look for new and creative ways to express nose picking. Nothing worse than a dated nose picking song.
Dated nose picking is like hard, crusty and difficult to digest. You clearly want clarity and fluidity.

Beagle, I love what you are doing in this set of sub-forums, but dangerous man, dangerous Smile
Smile

well, if John Mark McMillan can write a dove award winning song with the words "Sloppy wet kiss" in it, then I'm sure the viscosity of one's nose mucus is probably just fine for any song! Big Grin
"Well Damp, apparently if you want your nose picking song to sell, avoid using slang and keep it modern and fresh. Look for new and creative ways to express nose picking. Nothing worse than a dated nose picking song."

"Dated nose picking is like hard, crusty and difficult to digest. You clearly want clarity and fluidity."

"well, if John Mark McMillan can write a dove award winning song with the words "Sloppy wet kiss" in it, then I'm sure the viscosity of one's nose mucus is probably just fine for any song!"

Guys, this is tremendously silly.... keep it up!!!!
I am a damp hamster, a small moist rodent with a pea-sized brain... so what do I know?! 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....ID=1243220

(02-04-2016, 05:52 PM)damp hamster Wrote: "Well Damp, apparently if you want your nose picking song to sell, avoid using slang and keep it modern and fresh. Look for new and creative ways to express nose picking. Nothing worse than a dated nose picking song."

"Dated nose picking is like hard, crusty and difficult to digest. You clearly want clarity and fluidity."

"well, if John Mark McMillan can write a dove award winning song with the words "Sloppy wet kiss" in it, then I'm sure the viscosity of one's nose mucus is probably just fine for any song!"

Guys, this is tremendously silly.... keep it up!!!!

Wouldn't nose mucus tend to run DOWN with gravity? kind of hard to keep it UP that way...Big Grin
You know, if your feet smell and your nose runs you are made backwards!

Called to, "Teach the word of the Lord; sing it to the nations loud and clear."